Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[MOD] Last 10 or 1000 Posts for Your Site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iSec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [MOD] Last 10 or 1000 Posts for Your Site
    Posted: 04 October 2006 at 8:03pm
Last 10 or 1000 Posts for Your Website
Strange title isn't it! Tongue
Well, thanks to RSS you can retreive any site's RSS content to your website fast and easy. In this Mod I will show you how I was able to display the last ten messages from Web Wiz forum to my own website.

Pros: A basic neat Mod that can be done in less than 5 minutes and does not require any programming skills.
Cons: Page where you want those posts to be displayed must have a "php" extension as a "php-based" code will be used to retreive the posts. *Hopefully someone can do the ASP version for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Mod is based on the CrispyRSS script which you can use for custom Blog Rolls, portal sites and web based RSS aggregators.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting Started:
1- Download CrispyRSS, read its Readme.txt and you will be able to do everything on your own! For now I'll continue with this getting started guide

2- Extract or unzip that CrispyRSS file, upload its content to anywhere on your website.

3- Open the file example.php and edit this code
<? 
 include 'crispy_rss.php';
 parse_feed ("Your_Forum's_RSS_URL_Goes_Here",10);
?>
Note: the red-colored values are to be replaced with your own. Note: the red-colored number (10) is how many posts you wanna display. You can make it 10, 15, 100, 1000, etc...
4- That's it, you're done.

**My demo is a little messy as the original RSS file on the forum has to be edited so that it could look better.
"When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars"
-Charles A. Beard
javi712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javi712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 2:59pm
nice
 Post Reply Post Reply