Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Have Visual Studio 2003?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
davidshq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidshq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Have Visual Studio 2003?
    Posted: 11 January 2007 at 4:57am
    I have Visual Studio 2005 and I am trying to edit the Link Directory script available at myasp-net.com. However it was hand-written in ASP.NET 1.1 era code. It breaks a lot when I put it into VS 2005. I was hand editing it but messed up, and don't really want to back track and undo all the changes I made that broke it. So I was wondering if anyone had VS 2003 and would be willing to open the site in that, create a project with it and then send it to me? For whatever reason VS 2005 refuses to migrate the project as it doesn't recognize it is old code. Its been suggested that inserting it into VS 2003 and having it create a project file and all might allow VS 2005 to recognize it as old code. It would be greatly appreciated.
David.
iSec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 1:14pm
you're gonna make me install VS 03 now Big%20smile
I'm a network guy not a programmer but i have all that stuff...
So you just need to create a new project, save it, zip it, and have it sent to u?
davidshq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidshq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 6:41pm
Info_Tech,
    Thanks a lot for the offer. I actually forgot I'd made this post. I went back and tried rewriting the code again by hand in VS 2005 and was able to get it working, so I am all set. But I do appreciate your offer. Its funny, because I also am not a programmer by trade but a network engineer. Programming is my hidden love. :-)
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic