Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chr(13)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
288enzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 288enzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chr(13)
    Posted: 17 May 2003 at 9:36pm

Okay, I know I am going to sound like an idiot , but what the heck does chr(13) mean?  I have done a search on google and looked at about 30 web sites, I have yet found any that actually explain the meaning behind it.  I am trying to format my objNewMail.Body by using different fonts buy am having no luck.  What kind of restrictions do I have with using fonts?

Thanks.

288enzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 288enzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2003 at 9:50pm
I also am trying to add web links and email links in the email as well, but am having no luck.  Anyone have any ideas on how to include an <a href=""></a> into the body?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2003 at 2:53am
chr(13) is carriage return
fernan82 View Drop Down
Mod Builder Group
Mod Builder Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernan82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2003 at 1:07pm

What email component you're using?, you might want to read the email tutorials on this site... with CDONTS for example you would have to have:

objNewMail.BodyFormat = 0
objNewMail.MailFormat = 0

on your script in order to send email on HTML format...

FeRnAN
288enzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 288enzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2003 at 10:34pm

I'm using CDONTS.  I guess I missed BodyFormat and MailFormat in the example on this site.

Anyhow, I tried the following with no luck.  Can it be done?  You can probably figure out what it is that I am tring to accomplish here.

body = body & "Photograph: To add a photograph please rename it to your listing number and email it to <a href="mailto:addphoto@********.net?subject=Listing # intIDNumber">
here</a>"

I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401'

Expected end of statement

/postnewlisting.asp, line 85

body = body & "Photograph: To add a photograph please rename it to your listing number and email it to <a href="mailto:addphoto@**********.net?subject=Listing # intIDNumber">
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
ljamal View Drop Down
Mod Builder Group
Mod Builder Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2003 at 10:49pm
Change the '"' in the string to '""'
288enzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 288enzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2003 at 2:11pm

Thanks, that helped me with a bunch of errors.  I still can't seem to get the variable to appear in the subject line.

body = body & "<p><font face='BernhardMod BT' size='2'>Photograph: To add a photograph please rename it to your listing number and email it to <a href='mailto:addphoto@...........net?subject=Listing # ' & intIDNumber>here</a></font></p><br>"  

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or is this even possible?

Thanks.

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 6:06am

body = body & "<p><font face='BernhardMod BT' size='2'>Photograph: To add a photograph please rename it to your listing number and email it to <a href=""mailto:addphoto@...........net?subject=Listing # " & intIDNumber & """>here</a></font></p><br>"  

look at the text in red, change your code so it looks like that, then it should work

and i think the person above didnt mean change all your " to '

i think they ment change them to double "

but if your happy with ' then its ok i guess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>