Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create New Form with Captcha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mroberts653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroberts653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:01pm
OK Thank you very much for your help today. If I have any problems, I will post a new thread.

Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroberts653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 5:45pm
One more quick question. Is the CDOSYS code you provided a separate file used with an 'Includes statement' or is it embedded in the form file itself?

Can't decide which is correct.

Thanks again for your help.
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:08pm
Hi Mark

Th easiest way of creating a form (or in your case a contact page) is to have basically say 3 files
The contact page itself - let's call it contact.asp
The processing page - this is where the CDOSYS script would be that handles the contact form, so that could be called contact-complete.asp (again an example)
This page would read the data from the contact.asp page, send the email and then say:

Thanks for sending your contact form. We'll get back to you

The third page (if someone enters an Incorrect captcha code, or if the form fails, is called contact-failed.asp
If the form does not send, they try to bypass something, then this page gets called by CAPTCHA and then they can be advised on that page what to do next

Something like that anyway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroberts653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:26pm
Hello Mr TWS, and thank you for your response. However, I am still confused.

Does the CDOSYS code get embedded into the form (contact.asp) or is it a separate file that uses an <--includes statement-->?

For the sake of discussion, I have contact.asp, contact_results.asp and contact_failure.asp pages created. Upon submitting the contact.asp form the contact_results.asp page opens and thanks them for their information and also displays the info from the fields just as they entered it as a confirmation. And if the Captcha code is incorrect it returns the contact_failure.asp form with a link to go back to the contact.asp form page and try again.

What I am trying to accomplish is to send myself an email with the users info from the fields they completed upon successful submission of the form, as well as return the contact_results.asp form.

So far, I haven't figured out, but I must be close.
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:02pm
If you PM me Mark with your site address etc, I'll see if I can explain by email. 
garagedoors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garagedoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2011 at 1:28pm
If your forms are not using Frontpage Extensions then rename them to have the .asp extension and follow the http://www.webwiz.net/web-wiz-captcha/kb/captcha-basic-install.htm - CAPTCHA install instructions......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic