Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CSS editing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Irksome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irksome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CSS editing
    Posted: 12 August 2006 at 7:13pm
Hi guys,

Downloaded installed and configured WWF last night and I must say its very good - I will certainly be purchasing a key next week.

I've had a lot of experience (admin'ing) with various forums over the past 10 years or so, most recently using Snitz, then dotnetbb and so far WWF seems to be the most polished product I've used.

Anyway onto the question - I've started playing with the css to integrate the forums into our new site, but I'm finding it hard work without a reference for the css styles, its a bit trial and error.  Has anyone compiled one, or am I missing a reference to a document?

MTIA
jsaren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:40pm
Again a person who forsake darkness for light as me!
Irksome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irksome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 10:12pm
Anyone?
MadDog View Drop Down
Mod Builder Group
Mod Builder Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 10:52pm
Your mainly on your own. Just view the source of a forum page and take a look at the class names. Its not very hard and there are not that many different styles so it doesnt take long to figure it out. Took me like 10 minutes.
dpyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 12:15am
I use topstylepro for editing css Does a nice job of organizing the css, previewing, and validating. They have a free lite version but can't say what it does.

Lead me not into temptation... I know the short cut, follow me.
Mikey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 5:22pm
If you use Firefox download either the color picker or developer extensions.
The color picker shows a tooltip of the style name and type when you hover over it with your mouse and the developer extension allows you to turn on an overview of all the CSS styles on the page.
Handyman man?
 Post Reply Post Reply