Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deplyment stopped working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
djkarlos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkarlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deplyment stopped working
    Posted: 01 January 2020 at 3:34pm
In the last week or so the deployment from Visual Studio 2019 has stopped working. It was working fine, but now I am getting an error 
Web deployment task failed. (Make sure the database connection string for the server is correct and that you have appropriate permission to access the database. (Web Deploy Provider is "dbFullSql").
Error details:Could not complete an operation with the specified provider ("dbFullSql") when connecting using the Web Management Service. This can occur if the server administrator has not authorized the user for this operation. dbFullSql http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=178034
  Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_FOR_DBFULLSQL.)

I am not the account holder, but I am the web admin, and I doubt very much that the account holder has done anything to change my access. I have changed the SQL password as well just to be sure but that doesn't work. I can quite happily access the database tables through SQL Server Object Explorer using the new password but I can't deploy.

I am using this connection string in my deployment (username and password removed)
Data Source=mssql4.websitelive.net;Integrated Security=False;User ID=[redacted];Password=[redacted];Connect Timeout=15;Encrypt=False;Packet Size=4096.
The website is now not loading, I get a blank page and the tab ear says Site Under Construction - possibly due to the same problem, it can't connect to the SQL server.
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 8:48am
Web Wiz Forums is not deployed through Visual Studio and Web Deploy.

You would upload the Web Wiz Forums files using FTP.

The page below has instructions on how to install the SQL Server version of Web Wiz Forums;

djkarlos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkarlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 9:06am
I'm not talking about forum deployment, talking about Web app deployment. Perhaps I've posted on the wrong forum... 
djkarlos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkarlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 9:35am
Tried deployment again this morning and it appears to be working again now. I was able to deploy my website - thankfully. I guess there was something at WebWiz that broke my access
pbrowne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:12am
the data centres etc were probably down...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic