Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Registration Security Code Not Displaying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pjb007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Registration Security Code Not Displaying
    Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:45am

I have  problem, I was just about to open my forums when I thought I would run a test registration to make sure everything was working.

The problem is that Unique Security Code images are displayed as a red X in IE and won't display in Mozila.

The forum is at this address.
http://n.1asphost.com/pjb007/

Edited by pjb007
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:36am
Could be a corrupted file, try reuploading the files again.

If this fails and link to your forum so I can look for myself may shed some light on the problem.
pjb007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:39am

http://n.1asphost.com/pjb007/

That is the link, do I need to reupload everything?

Mart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:46am

It won't display the images because theres an error on the page that generates it:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/pjb007/forum/security_image.asp, line 76

Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Looks like you haven't got a component installed that is needed.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:47am
1asphost is a free web host.

Inorder for web wiz forums to run you need to download and install the lite version that has a number of parts disabled to make it run on free web hosts servers.

A look at your site showed an an error on the security images that the server couldn't create the object which suggests that you have been placed on an old server that has not had the MDAC drivers updated for at least 2 years!!! This can also be a security risk to the server as MS have issued security updates to the MDAC drivers a number of times in the last 2 years.

Try resigning up and see if you can get on a better server, or better still look for a decent paid web host (Most are very inexpensive these days) so you can run the full version of web wiz forums.

Edited by -boRg-
pjb007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:51am
Odd it was working fine before though.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 10:54am
Then it could be that your host has disabled the ADODB.Stream object on the server, try contacting them about this.

If they can not help, it's time to look for a new web host.

Edited by -boRg-
pjb007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjb007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 11:00am
I have emailed them, thanks for the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>