Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

<span> tag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rune_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: <span> tag
    Posted: 24 February 2005 at 6:22am
Hi!

I'm pretty much new to this type of data handling, and I've looked in the forum for an answer to this but had no luck.

My question is whether or not it is possible to make use of the <span> tag in the RTE? And if so, how do I enable this?

Any help is appreciated...
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 6:54am
In what way do you mean, 'make sue of the span tag'?

The editor uses the built in page editing features of the web browser.

Different web browsers create the HTML in different ways, Mozilla being much better, cleaner, more up-to-date, using more CSS, and span tags, etc.

IE's HTML code it produces is awful, like all of Microsofts software that produces HTML code. It will often re-write code and make HTML tags into capitails
rune_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 7:12am
hmmm... I see what you mean!

My problem is that I'm trying to make the RTE work with a Flash based site that load content through html formatted txt files (and css), and for this I desperately need the span tag!

Do you have any suggestions? I'm almost completely stomped when it comes to  serverside programming so I just thought your RTE was perfect as it's virtually a plug & play application ;-). And thanks for that!!!
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 7:52am
I would use Firefox as it doesn't re-write the code like IE does.

There is the <> button that swiches to HTML view so you can add tags like <psan> etc. manually by editing the HTML.
rune_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 12:03pm
Allrightie then. I'll give it a go!

Thanks for helping out...
 Post Reply Post Reply