Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mod: Display Recent Posts (anywhere)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vapresto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vapresto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 3:39pm
I've attempted to do this myself, but it doesn't work at all - it just displays the code on the webpage if I use Firefox, or just the heading 'Display recent posts' if I view it in Safari!

This may be because I am using iWeb on a Mac to edit my webpage, using the 'webwidget' tool.

Anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong?

Here's a link to the test page I have hurriedly put up:

http://www.vapresto.com/Site/Welcome.html
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 4:11pm
the problem is you've added it to a HTML page an not an ASP page.

rename the page to "welcome.asp" and it will work.

HTML pages (eg .html and .htm) do not get processed by the server.
S2H.co.uk - WebWiz Mods and Skins

For support on my mods + skins, please use my forum.
Vapresto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vapresto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 4:36pm
Hmmm... still can't get it to work.

Think it's something to do with iweb... It creates a 'web widget' which displays a separate page called 'webwidget.html' in a text box within the page where I want to display the recent topics. Trouble is, if I rename that page to webwidget.asp it can't find it...

I give up!

Thanks anyway!
peachmelba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachmelba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:07pm
Can anyone help me.
I cant get "recent forum posts" to work.
I have put a test page here:

I get:
msxml3.dll error '80070005'

Access is denied.

/index1.asp, line 117

lordtec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lordtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:48pm
Has only a problem if the Access Group of the Member / Guest (Un-registered usesr) is clear he does not show anything, It is this change?

If you see the topics but it only between people logadas.
rahulbhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rahulbhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 6:32am
cbxcvbcbLOLcvbOuchbcbAngrybbc
aussiem8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiem8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 11:18pm
Is there any way to filter the name of the poster from the RSS feed (like the recent posts section within the forum) ?
numanme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numanme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:58pm

I have my forum set that Only members with sufficient permission can access this page. So the rss feed will not work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>