Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing Forum Banner Image through Skin files

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
daddystephen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddystephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 8:02pm

Scotty,

That works perfectly thanks for the help on getting this up and working.
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 8:19pm
I have now updated the mod to support this.

You can download it on the Multiskin Selection page.

Also I've done a tutorial on how to upgrade to V3 on my forum.
S2H.co.uk - WebWiz Mods and Skins

For support on my mods + skins, please use my forum.
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:30pm
Scotty - does this work for MySQL version of the software, or only SQL Server?
I only ask because someone who I have been working with has MySQL database, and although the skin files work, I have not ran the update file to add the new database tables

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:42pm
Sorry - just realised I posted this in the wrong topic Unhappy
Anyway well done on the image file thing too LOL
billd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 8:04pm
scotty does your banner changing mod still work with the VERY latest forum  - what is it, 9.55 I think?
I've played with it on 9.02 or whatever we have, but wish to use it when we update (SOON, I hope.)
I simply LOVE that idea.
(I'M almost to the point of wanting to HIRE someone to check through our existing files for changes, then applying those changes to the latest software - I"m so disorganized and short on time.)

I've used a couple of mods, I think they are YOUR mods, already and they work very nicely.

Bill
http://theamcforum.com
BillD
http://theamcpages.com
http://theamcforum.com
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 10:21pm
TWS:

The Multiskin Selection mod will work with any database as you can use Cookies only (no database storage), but I haven't made a script to set up the database for MySQL, neither have I tested it on MySQL.

It should work if you add a field to the tblAuthor table I believe called "mod_skin" as an "int" type for MySQL. (If needed I'll check  on details later - bit tired at mo Pinch) - I cant forsee any problems it would have with MySQL as the database part is very minimal - but let me any problems/error messages and I'll look at fixing them.

billd3:

The banner changing is part of the latest version of the Multiskin Selection mod which supports the latest version of Web Wiz Forums. The tutorial for a banner per forum should with any V9.xx. But you may need to reapply it with each update (just check the Version History of WWF to see if the files you edited have changed).

If you need help integrating my mods then feel free to post your questions in the relevent threads on here or on my own forum. (My forums prob best if you want to merge 2 'incompatible' mods of mine together)

Also if any of the mods you wish to use are not up to date (check the mods page for supported versions) then post on my forum and I'll update it as soon as I get time. (same goes for anybody else)

For easy of upgrading, on my own forum which is heavily modifed, I have moved as much as I can outside of the forum files into my own includes which makes re-appling alot simplier.
S2H.co.uk - WebWiz Mods and Skins

For support on my mods + skins, please use my forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 11:49am
Thanks for the info Scotty - I'll PM you later with the details
Rookie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 5:55pm
Hi All,
I  am a new webwiz forum admin and unfortunately, i couldn't change my forum's logo instead of webwiz logo. 

I added my web site logo to forum images folder and then defined logo's address on forum banner image in skin.

As a result, my new logo was added at control panel area but was't added to Forum pages.

If you can help me, thank you very much.

Best Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>