Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing Forum Banner Image through Skin files

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
daddystephen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddystephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Forum Banner Image through Skin files
    Posted: 23 February 2009 at 2:46am
Hi all,

Is there a way in which I can have the Forum Banner Image change based upon the skin you choose? Serveral of my skins do not go good with the main forum banner that I have so I wanted to design one that could go good with the skin.

Is it possible to load the forum banner up as a option in the skin css file?
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 11:09am
It would depend on how you are selecting the skins - if you are using Scottys skin changer, then I suppose it would be possible to add some lines that say if that skin is picked, then display this forum image

If you are using his mod, then he would be the best one to answer that

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddystephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 3:28pm
Yes I am using Scottys skin changer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddystephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 3:32pm

Scotty if you are watching here can you tell me if this is possible? I also did leave you a message just now on your site as well

Thanks

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 7:08pm
Hi,

I planned to add this as a new feature, just not got the time to add it (plus its hard to gauge the install base / interest in the mods)

I will try to add this in as it shouldn't take long - but will most likely be at weekend when I get some free time. Please feel free to recommend other improvements to any of the mods, or even new mods that I could create*

In the mean time my tutorial on how to change the Banner for Forums could be quickly and easily adapted by changing the Forum ID to the Skin ID.

(* I try to stick to doing mods that would either be helpful for alot of people or ones I've built for my self - as a posed to doing custom work for individuals)
S2H.co.uk - WebWiz Mods and Skins

For support on my mods + skins, please use my forum.
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 7:15pm
That's fair enough Scotty - I know you work very hard on developing these modifications that we all have used, and can I please suggest to others as well, that if you have not done so, perhaps you would consider making a voluntary donation to Scotty who has worked very hard on producing these mods, and does so at the expense of his own free time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddystephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 4:20am
Hi Scotty,

Thanks for the information, that would be a great mod update. I will keep my eyes out for a new update.

I had checked out the how to change the Banner for Forums  to see if it would allow that but I wasnt sure how but I may be able to take that.

We will see in the mean time thanks for all your hard work
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:24pm
Simply follow the tutorial but change "intForumID" to "intS2HLoggedInUserSkin" when you replace the header image like so:

<% strTitleImage = HeaderImage(intS2HLoggedInUserSkin,strTitleImage) %>

Also, when entering the banners for each skin, enter the Skins ID instead of the forums ID, below in red is the Skins ID in the "s2h_skinfile.asp" file

saryS2HSiteSkins(1,1) = "Default"

S2H.co.uk - WebWiz Mods and Skins

For support on my mods + skins, please use my forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>