Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Execute .sql file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
azqh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azqh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Execute .sql file
    Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:35am

"Execute the admin.sql script in order to create the tables and stored procedures in the database".

I'm a new completely newbie to web wiz hosting and its format of style to complete tasks. I need someone to help me upload my file to execute the .sql file to my SQL Server 2008. the only option I can find to upload a file is only asv file but??

Edited by azqh - 14 December 2010 at 12:05pm
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 11:03am
There are a number of ways this can be achieved, it maybe worth asking the developers how they intend the file to be run.

You could install SQL Server Management Studio on your own PC then connect remotely to your database and use the Tools in  SQL Server Management Studio  to execute the SQL file.

Another alternative is to use the Tools available in your Control Panel. Next to the name of your SQL Server database you will find a 'Browse Database' link this will take you to the myLittleAdmin Tool, from where under the 'Tools' menu you will find a 'New Query' tool. you can then copy and paste the code from your admin.sql file to the 'New Query' form and hit the submit button to execute the code.

If you are still stuck create a support ticket from your Client Area account and attach your admin.sql file and we can look at executing it for you.
azqh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azqh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 12:05pm

Okay I copied and pasted the contents to it and it did create tables now I am uploading all the files and we will see if it works!Thumbs Up! I've tried to access with express studio says I do not have access to anything with my assigned database...

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 12:49pm
Could you please create a support ticket on this so can have a look at your database to make sure that the tables have been created correctly?
azqh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azqh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 8:19pm

yes I can but I did get up and working now everything is okay. when I did create the tables it worked and put them in but in the messages it said a few errors.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:00pm
Good to hear that it is working
 Post Reply Post Reply