Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create New Form with Captcha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mroberts653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroberts653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create New Form with Captcha
    Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:46am
Now that I have purchased Captcha, I need some help editing my forms to be able to use it. All of my forms (over 15 of them) have been created with FrontPage 2000 and worked very well up until I started getting a lot of spam recently. Can someone point me in the right direction?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:18am
If your Frontpage forms are using Frontpage Extensions then you would not be able to use the CAPTCHA application which is Classic ASP.

If your forms are not using Frontpage Extensions then rename them to have the .asp extension and follow the CAPTCHA install instructions

You may want to look at moving away from Frontpage as Microsoft dropped it some 10 years ago and stopped all support for it around 5 years ago. Frontpage Extenstions will not run with the last two versions of Windows Server so finding a host for Frontpage Extenstions will get harder.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroberts653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:01am
Bruce,

Thank you for your feedback. How do I know if my FrontPage forms are using FrontPage extensions? I have already saved all of the .htm forms as .asp, but I didn't know to check for the extensions. Could that be part of the problem?

I have used FrontPage for publishing all of my websites and I like it because I can see the pages before I publish them (WYSIWYG) Is there an alternative besides Dream Weaver? I simply don't understand how to use that program. Too complicated. That's why I like FrontPage.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:47am
If after updating the forms to have the .asp extension they still work then you should be fine. Make sure that you also update the forms action so it submits to the new page name.

There are lots of different WYSIWYG web design programs from free ones like Coffee Cup Express to Microsoft Expression Web.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroberts653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 2:50pm
Hi Bruce,

Thanks again for your advice.

I believe I have the forms working fairly well except now I am trying to figure out how to email the data from the form to myself, as before. Any suggestions?

Mark
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:08pm
If you are uisng Frontpage Extensions to email you may find you need to swtich to using CDOSYS top send the email.

There is an example on the page below for sites hosted on our servers but can be adapted for use with other hosts:-

Sending Email with CDOSYS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroberts653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:51pm
Hi Bruce,

Thanks again. You are correct. I am using FrontPage extensions to send email. However, I am not completely unfamiliar with CDOSYS. I purchased a program from DMX Ready some time back that uses it. I will review that code as well as the one you have provided to see if I can muddle through it.

If I find that I cannot figure it out, does WebWhiz provide any fee based design services, just in case?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:55pm
Sorry do not offer any web design services at the present time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>