Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search in WWF 10.12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lordtec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search in WWF 10.12
    Posted: 06 November 2012 at 3:45am
I've been noticing the WWF 10.12 that sometimes when we do a search, show the message:

Search Error
No Search Results Found

Your search failed to find any results

Click here to Amend your search

This message appears even when there is what we seek. What can it be?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 8:17am
It maybe that the search took to long to run. 

To prevent performance issues with your forum the search will time out after around 30 seconds.
bknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 1:15am
I have had this problem myself; not just with the current version either. I get the same error as lordec does, when I know what I am search for is there. Further, the time it takes prior to receiving the error is only a few seconds at most; nowhere near the 30 second timeout.

Anyone have a clue?

Also, instead of using the link search box; I always am taken to the Advanced search.

Edited by bknight - 06 December 2012 at 1:34am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 8:53am
It maybe that you need to change your search criteria.

By default, unless you have changed it within the admin area, the search is performed on posts from the last year and newer within the forum you are viewing. If you need to search for longer periods, or within Topic Subjects, or a different forum, then you would need to adjust the search.

Also the type of keyword search you perform can make a difference if you are searching for multiple words or phrase. 
bknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 8:29pm
Yes, that was it; this forum is not an active forum, so much of the posts are years old. Tried with using "Any Date" and got my results.

Is it possible to set the default to use Any Date; instead of only within the last year?

Thanks...

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 12:31pm
If you are using version 10 you can change the 'Default Search Time' to 'Any Date' from the 'user Settings' page within the admin area.
 Post Reply Post Reply