Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Captcha to ASP Form to Microsoft Access

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robinsfcu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robinsfcu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Captcha to ASP Form to Microsoft Access
    Posted: 02 July 2013 at 7:59pm
I am still learning when it comes to ASP and having the input from the forms inserted into a Microsoft Access Database.  I was able to use the basic install and add it to one of our forms on our website that is sent via form mail.  I am having problems now with adding the captcha to one of our forms that is being inserted into a Microsoft Access database.  I understand one part of the code, has to be placed on the processing page.  I honestly do not know what is the processing page.  The form action is FORM ACTION="<%=MM_editAction%>" so I really don't know from there where it is being processed.  Once the information is submitted, it redirects the user to another page saying that their information has been received.  Can someone help me with this?  I am losing my mind over here.
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 4:07pm
You need to look back in your code to where the variable MM_editAction is initialised. It should look something like:-

MM_editAction = "mypage.asp"

Once you locate this you should then  see the page that the form is submitted too and processes the form submission.
robinsfcu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robinsfcu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:13pm
Thank you for your reply.  On the page, it states this:

Dim MM_editAction
MM_editAction = CStr(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME"))
If (Request.QueryString <> "") Then
  MM_editAction = MM_editAction & "?" & Server.HTMLEncode(Request.QueryString)
End If

So I am still quite unsure where that goes to.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:38pm
Looks like this is some really over complicated code to resubmit the page back on it's self.
robinsfcu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robinsfcu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:48pm
The information that is inputted in the form gets sent to a Microsoft Access database which links to this portal where an employee can view the forms internally with a login/password.  Would the processing page be where this information is submitted?  When the user submits the form, it does redirect them to a confirmation page that lets them know the information has been submitted.  I tried to use that page but that didn't work.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:51pm
The processing page is the page where the form is submitted.

The code to check that the CAPTCHA code is entered correctly needs to run before the submitted code is processed, so if the CAPTCHA code is wrong the form is not processed and added to your database.
 Post Reply Post Reply