FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Events Calendar simple integration w/ Google

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 2:37pm
Yes it does use the ISO date yyyy-mm-dd with leading 0's but does also include the time.

If it is looking for the ISO date then it should work as it is a standard.
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 6:35pm
I have found a javascript capability that provides a little dropdown which implements add to google, yahoo, Apple and Outlook calendars, all in one script.  It essentially replicates the "evenbrite" capability.   I am looking into what is necessary to integrate that.  It would be more useful than just the google calendar.  https://github.com/carlsednaoui/add-to-calendar-buttons
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 8:05am
Looks very good, you would need to have this as a mod though rather than being included in Web Wiz Forums due to the licensing.
rune View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 6:25pm
Actually, I don't think licensing would be a problem.

OuiCal is under MIT license, which basically allows you to do anything you like. The only requirement is to include a copy of the license somewhere.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 6:39pm
I have implemented this on our Webwiz site.  Here is an example with the calendar integration:
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forum/nws-severe-storm-spotter-class_topic12095.html
you should see the link text immediately below the post subject.

However, my friend with a Mac is telling me that he doesnt see it, and my locked down IE is not seeing it.  My Firefox on several different machines DOES see it however.  So I still have some TS to do, it would seem.  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
rune View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 6:55pm
@alabamatoy
Your demo works for me, using Chrome for Android and Firefox for Android.

A small detail is that Chrome shows a "desktop site" warning when I choose Google Calendar. Firefox opens the desktop gcal without warning about it.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by rune rune wrote:

Actually, I don't think licensing would be a problem.

OuiCal is under MIT license, which basically allows you to do anything you like. The only requirement is to include a copy of the license somewhere.

After reading it, I would agree.  I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty clear:

"Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software."

rune View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 7:02pm
Maybe your friend and your IE have some old data cached?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>