Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DNS is disabled for this domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DNS is disabled for this domain
    Posted: 22 February 2014 at 3:51pm
I have registered a new domain (strategyindaba.com). However, on the domain control panel it says "DNS is disabled for this domain." When I click "Enable DNS" (just off to the right) it generates an error message "DNS Zone already exists on the target service." (and still shows "DNS is disabled for this domain").

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Chris
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 4:01pm
Ultimately what I am trying to do is to point the new domain (strategyindaba.com) to an existing website (currently on the domain strategiclearning.chriscfox.com) so that I can run the two in parallelduring a transitional period before switching strategiclearning.chriscfox.com off).
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 9:35am
You had enabled DNS for the domain strategyindaba.com from your Domain Registration Manager.

The DNS enabled in your Domain Manager needed to be removed first in order that the domain can be added to the hosting control panel and DNS managed through the hosting control panel.
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 9:43am
Thank you. I will try this one evening this week.
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 4:07pm
This now appears to have resolved itself. Perhaps I had not waited long enough for the DNS to propagate? (Although I thought I had...)

Thanks you for your help anyway.
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 10:25am
I had already fixed the issue for you when I looked to see what the issue was before my last reply.
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 11:45am
Apologies. I had misunderstood your previous post. Many thanks for the assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply