Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

import suscribers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: import suscribers
    Posted: 11 January 2016 at 6:41am
installed Newspad, integrated with forum. two problems.

first we created a csv file in correct format with 400 plus member email addresses. Put it in the correct directory. when going to send an e-newsletter to let members know forum is up and running I find that I can only send to selected groups in the forum.

All the members from csv file are in un active members. I registered a name and email to the newspad. I cannot send to them, only forum members.
Should and can  the csv be integrated into forum panel?

Blogs: they display title in the bottom of forum. When you click on it you get a bad address. It double posts address such as
www,mywebsite,com/forum/www,mywebsite,com/newspad

(edited as the text editor keep corrupting address as it makes link)

so where do I even start to trouble shoot that.
As always, thanks in advance!
Lou

Edited by Lupus Dei - 11 January 2016 at 2:16pm
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 8:06am
If you are importing members via CSV in to NewsPad you need to import them in to a NewsPad group in order to select that group to send eNewsletters to.

If you are importing members in to NewsPad in this way then you should check that this is allowed under local laws or your web hosts anti spam policy. Most web hosts require that members of a newsletter list opt in to receiving such communication, by importing members that have not subscribed then this is called a 'dirty list' and not allowed by many web hosts as it causes allot of issues with the newsletters being reported as spam causing both mail servers and website to be blacklisted.

In regards to the second question on incorrect links to blog posts in web wiz forums you need to update your NewsPad settings in NewsPad to have the correct URL to your NewsPad installation on your website.
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 2:13pm
Bruce, got the list loaded with your advice.

Thanks!

Second part was a missing http://  before www
My mistake

Edited by Lupus Dei - 12 January 2016 at 12:47am
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2016 at 10:05pm
We have successfully used Newspad to notify most of our members to our forum.  As they joined the forum I had removed them from the subscribers list.
Checking the CSV file in the webroot it has not changed.  Where would I find the current file or Is there a way to now export the remaining list so we can now do a paper mailing as the emails either changed or no longer used?
Thanks In advance,
Lou 
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 1:35pm
NewsPad subscribers are stored in the newspad database and not in a CSV file.

There is not a tool built in to export subscribers to a CSV file.
 Post Reply Post Reply