Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQL database connection - ERMERGENCY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mahimon2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahimon2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SQL database connection - ERMERGENCY
    Posted: 20 March 2016 at 4:01pm
installed today the forum-software
all went fine until the point : Web Wiz Forums Database setup is now complete
that was OK, as I could see on the host-server via HeidiSQL and via SQL Server Management Studio,
going to the forum admin area, it says
CONNECTION NOT POSSIBLE folder needs permissions.... blabla
WHAT IS THIS: I do not use a database-folder, which has on the hoster ALL permissions.
I have a connection String which I added to the web.config
BUT the application does not use my connectionString (local VisualStudio does) and the credentials in the database-settings.asp, which I set according to the web.config are irgnored ...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?
thanks

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 8:54am
Classic ASP does not use a web.config file for database connections instead the connectiong string is within one of the ASP files.

In the case of web wiz forums the database connection string is stored in the files within the 'database' folder.

In order for web wiz forums to install correctly using the install wizard you need to have read, write, and modify permissions set for the websites IUSR account on the forums 'database' folder in order that the database settings and connection string can be setup in the files stored in the 'database' folder.
 Post Reply Post Reply