Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 100% width on mobile & Ads only showing on desktop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

100% width on mobile & Ads only showing on desktop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slappyJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slappyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 100% width on mobile & Ads only showing on desktop
    Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:08pm
Two questions:

1. The mobile version is not stretching to fit 100% width of the screen...were do I make this change?

2. Why does Ad Code only show up on the desktop version?

Thanks

Edited by slappyJ - 30 May 2019 at 10:13pm
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:57pm
In the css-styles folder there will be a 'mobile_default_style.css' for your selected skin which can be used to change the appearance and layout of the mobile view.

As the ads for mobile and desktop can be different there is a section in the forum admin area for mobile ads. 
slappyJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slappyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:40pm
I changed the width of the body css class from 630px to 100% but there is no change.

/* Page body */
body{
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    width: 100%;
}

If the width on mobile doesn't fit the entire screen I noticed that banner ads get cut off on the right edge.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 8:36am
If you have added your own banner image, custom header, or ads to your forum and these are not mobile optimised they can cause the content of your forum to be forced to one side when viewed on a mobile device
slappyJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slappyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 8:18pm
Thanks Bruce...but you still haven't answered one of my main questions...how do you make mobile fit 100% of the screen?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2019 at 7:07am
In it's default setup it does fit 100% of the screen.

In my last reply I was trying to list things you may have changed that caused the mobile version on your forum to not fit 100% of the mobile device screen.
 Post Reply Post Reply