Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UnreadPost() error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arcticmonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcticmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UnreadPost() error
    Posted: 03 June 2021 at 10:22pm
Good day everyone

I have revived an old forum I had that is based on Web Wez that went offline in 2016.

I managed to put it back online.   I followed the steps to upgrade the SQL Server Database and it upgraded without errors but now I get this

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while executing SQL query on database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_UnreadPosts()
File Name:- functions_common.asp
Forum Version:- 12.04

Any ideas?      I checked the database information and it is all correct

thank you. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcticmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 11:05am
before upgrading the database and putting the new WW Forum files back in like it said /forum folder, it was working. 

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 3:01pm
The function that is causing the error looks for fields within the database which would be created if you are updating from Web Wiz Forums version 7 or older.

It sounds like you either selected the wrong previous version when upgrading or the upgrade did not create the new fields in the database.

You will need to do the upgrade again, if you created a backup of the database before the upgrade you should restore the database from backup.

For the upgrade tool to run again you need to replace the files in the forums 'database' folder with the original from the latest Web Wiz Forums download zip file.

When you upgrade again make sure that the SQL Server user has DBO rights on the database so it can create the new objects within the database and make sure you select the correct version you are upgrading from.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcticmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 5:44pm
Thank you.    When I had created my forum in 2004, it was from soopportal and then years later I found out it was based on WWForum, so I guess the upgrade is not that easy.   I have reverted back to my old site / database and will leave it as a Static version and start a new one. 

and when I check the code for what version, I see some ezaspsite.com

I was sure it was from web wiz.    I have been out of the game for a while so starting new might be best and then import some of the old data into the new SQL DB. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcticmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 5:46pm
But found this on some of the pages.  

<!-- Web Wiz Forums ver. 7.9 is written and produced by Bruce Corkhill ©2001-2004
If you want your own Forum then goto http://www.webwizforums.com -->

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcticmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 7:00pm
Another question, can I upgrade from my old one with MS SQL to MySQL?  or I have to keep on using MS SQL? 
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 10:13am
You would not be able to change the database version from SQL Server to MySQL as they use very different schemas.

SQL Server is allot better than MySQL and is the recommend database type to use.
 Post Reply Post Reply