Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dotty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Real Audio
    Posted: 26 March 2003 at 3:15am

Hi,

I have been using Helix Producer to make realaudio files for use on a website.  Everything appears to go fine - but when I play them back from the server, they take ages to load and then they play a little - then they stop - and I get the message "communicating...".

Does anyone have superior knowledge on how to optimise these files??

bear with me....
Bluefrog View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2003 at 7:44am

As far as Real Audio goes... it's a Real Pain... I don't know exactly what your server is or what sort of content your are providing, but if you are serving up relatively short audio, you're better off going with Flash 6 and loading MP3s with a preloader progress bar. Flash is more stable, has a larger user base, and you don't need to worry about server issues. If you are doing streaming content, then it's a different story. And MP3 also gives better sound quality. If you need better compression, wait a few years for AAC to become popular...

Hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply