Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

عربی-subject in Arabic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abdussalam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdussalam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: عربی-subject in Arabic
    Posted: 30 April 2006 at 12:22pm
When I type subject in Arabic language, i get its code displayed, rather than actual arabic text as shown on this thread. 
Further, allowed length of subject is too small for unicode as you can see one letter of unicode is represented by six characters. Its not practical to use unicode.

Is this possible to make subject unicode enabled?
Is this possible to increase the length of subject ?

Regards

Edited by abdussalam - 30 April 2006 at 12:25pm
fx5500 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fx5500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 11:54am
Same problem is for  me too. Some Turkish characters is showig on subject like this: ع&#1585.....
graper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 1:13am
ME TOO
WWF论坛讨论QQ群:2652358
WWF论坛讨论:Http://Www.CNWWF.Com/Forum/
iSec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 1:40am

Hi, one of the sites i administer is Arabic/English... People have no problem posting subjects in Arabic. You may see it here: www.iraqvoice.com/forum

You might have to do the following:
Open up the file:  includes/browser_page_encoding_inc.asp
Edit encoding to use:

'Arabic Windows
Const strPageEncoding = "windows-1256"

Meaning, put a " ' " next to the default which is western eauropean i think, and used the above arabic encoding.
Good luck.
"When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars"
-Charles A. Beard
abdussalam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdussalam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 5:42am
Thanks a lot. This is really helpful. However I am using urdu language whose script is similar to Arabic but not exactly same. Here I am facing problem with on single character. Whenever I type that character in subject line it still displays unicode number for that character only. I think changing fonts could help. Could you kindly guide where I can change default font for forum and specifically subjects and titles. regards
iSec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 11:57am
Yes, you may change the font face, style, size, color, etc... of all or part of your forum's layout through one file:
Edit the file:  css_styles/default_style.css.
"When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars"
-Charles A. Beard
 Post Reply Post Reply