Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error in sending a newsletter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
j172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error in sending a newsletter
    Posted: 28 March 2007 at 8:37pm

I have successfully setup newspad on my site and integrated it with my web wiz forum. But i have one problem-

when i have created a news letter and go to the screen that allows you to send it to certain groups, after i have selected a group say admin then click the save and send button. It will then display the summary page 'newsletter sending'

when i click the start button it keeps saying 'connecting to server' then clicking as though it is refreshing and flashing the text and says it again and again. until i click pause.

If i then check my email i have multiple emails of the same newsletter. the first time i didnt realise left if for a while and clicked pause and i have 99 emails!

Thanks
Joel
j172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 8:38pm
p.s i have tried different email components and it still does the same
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:26am
Been looking into this and doing some tests in the lab and it would seem there is an issue with the Access database in the Access version (other database version would not be effected)

In the table tblNPNewsletter the field Web_Wiz_Forums_ID the default value of '0' has been placed into the validation rule box by mistake.

If you are not comfortable editing the Access database download NewsPad again as the Access database has been fixed in the zip file download.

If you are happy editing the Access database open it in Access, open the table tblNPNewsletter in design view, select the Web_Wiz_Forums_ID field and delete the '0' in Validation Rule box, and place the '0' in the Default Value box
j172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:40am

Thanks borg, that worked

Post Reply Post Reply