Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to use stored function in asp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maneeshkrverma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maneeshkrverma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to use stored function in asp
    Posted: 12 August 2007 at 1:43pm

hi all Smile

i hav created a function in oracle 9i. like

create or replace function selrec(un varchar2, pass varchar2) return number is
begin
 select 'x' from user_info where id=un and pass=pass;

return 1;
exception
 when no_data_found then
 return 0;
end;
/

now how should i use this function in asp to move the user to another page after login if the user is registered user.

thanx in advance
maneesh

Dilipv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dilipv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 10:10am
hi there,

i saw your quote. so why don't you use response.redirect method.
  as soon as the user logs in, if condition will check the values in database. and if the condition is true then response.direct the user to the desired page.

Hope this will solve your query.

Thank you
jitesh
Programmer

emily12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emily12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 8:17am
I'm new to asp.net and I have an oracle stored function with 3 input parameters that returns a string. The function is one that validates a user. I want to validate my users from Oracle. I'm trying to use the sqldatasource component to interact with my stored procedure but I can't seem to find the right syntax.
jamie.townsend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie.townsend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 9:31am
vikas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 9:43am
I know how to call the stored procedure from asp..And the code is:

<%Dim objConn, sqlInsName, FName, LName
FName = "Benny"
LName = "Alexander"
set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.Open "DSN=macdb;uid=test;pwd=test"
sqlInsName = "sp_InsName '" & FName & "', '" & LName & "'"
objConn.Execute(sqlInsName) %>

but i am not sure about that the code will useful for you..I just wanted to help you out that's why i typed the code..
SNK111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNK111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 6:41am
Check this article HOW TO: SQL in JAVA & C# for details on how to connect to SQL Server database from C#.NET database applications as well as Java database applications. It also describes how to pass embedded SQL queries (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE), calling stored procedures, pass parameters etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply