Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade CAPTCHA in Webwiz Guestbook 8.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tgirard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgirard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade CAPTCHA in Webwiz Guestbook 8.2
    Posted: 23 April 2008 at 7:41pm
Hello, I would like to upgrade the CAPTCHA in my WebWiz Guestbook version 8.2 to the latest version. I am seeing some spam post come through and want to stop those posts. I tried replacing the files in the CAPTCHA directory but it appears there is more involved.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
tgirard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgirard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 8:58pm
BUMP,

Anyone able to help with this upgrade of the CAPTCHA?

Thanks,
tgirard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgirard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 6:37pm
Is there any way to integrate a CAPTCHA that works  into the WebWiz guestbook, or how can I prevent submitting to the guestbook via the ASP file?
Any help is appreciated.
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 5:57pm
tgirard - web wiz guestbook is no longer distributed by web wiz, and therefore that is probably why this post has been missed in replies
You would have to go through the coding manually to see if there is a way of implementing CAPTCHA or perhaps choose another asp application with captcha built in
tgirard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgirard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 5:39am
MrTWS - How can I adjust the current configuration (WebWiz Guestbook with CAPTCHA 2.01) to stop the spammers from submitting to it without using the CAPTCHA? I added some statcounter code to the related asp pages (sign_guestbook.asp, update_guestbook.asp, and default.asp) and they are submitting without being tracked by statcounter.

Here is the log from the webserver showing the pages they connected to and were able to submit:
GET, /Guestbook/sign_guestbook.asp, PN=1,
GET, /Guestbook/CAPTCHA/CAPTCHA_image.asp, -,
POST, /Guestbook/update_guestbook.asp, PN=1,

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 6:00pm
I'll have a look at this (as I have a copy of the guestbook) but have you considered possibly using another type of guestbook? PM me your website details and I'll see what I can come up with Thumbs Up
tgirard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgirard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 3:21am
MrTWS - Can you offer any help with this, i really need to stop these spammers from submitting to my Gueastbook?

What code do I need to modify to prevent them from submitting directly bypassing the CAPTCHA?

I am not a developer and appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
narrator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote narrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 5:57am
look it ,thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply