Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Submitting a form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
simc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Submitting a form
    Posted: 17 February 2003 at 3:09pm

I am trying to get a form to submit.  I've done it in the past without using javaScript to verify the fields.  I need to verify the fields in this form and have the code working for that however once the verification is finished, the form won't submit. 

here is the relevant code:

<FORM name="OrderForm" ACTION="mailto:myemail@something.ca" METHOD="POST" ENCTYPE="text/plain">

<input type="submit" value="Submit" onClick="return checkrequired(this)">

I don't have any code in the checkrequired formual that submits the code, should I?

Is there some way I can get this working (in both Netscape and IE)?

thanks,

SimC

KCWebMonkey View Drop Down
Go Chiefs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWebMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2003 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by simc simc wrote:

I don't have any code in the checkrequired formual that submits the code, should I?

I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that your checkrequired function needs to have code in it to work....

simc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2003 at 8:12am

Sorry, I didn't mean that there is no code in the checkrequired function, there is tons of code in it that verifies the field values.  I mean that there is nothing in the function that actually submits the form.  I don't know if I need to add something, and if I do, what?

thanks,

SimC

oneminuteguy View Drop Down
Mod Builder Group
Mod Builder Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneminuteguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2003 at 11:25pm

First of all, I don't understand why you would want to use the mailto: tag to submit a form. Is this your only option? I mean, dosen't your isp offer cgi-bin access or an asp component?

This is the way my code looks when I use cg-bin. (I prefer asp jmail though)

<form name="contact form" onsubmit="return formCheck(this);" action="/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" method="post" >
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value=email@domain.com>

This is the way to do it if you want to be sure about cross browser compliance.

I use a simple bit of code which is easy to modify to validate forms. You can get it at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/requiredcheck.htm

Hope this helps

OMG

Post Reply Post Reply