Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reputation points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mp3u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mp3u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reputation points
    Posted: 20 April 2009 at 11:27pm
Hello,
First post here so please bear with me if this has been asked before. I've taken over quite an active forum that uses Web Wiz - the entire site and forum are about to be given a make over and serious marketing campaign which should result in a large increase in traffic.
I've looked everywhere but can't see an option for reputation points.... this will be a very important addition to my site. Does Web Wiz allow this??
I really hope that it does as it is part of the new marketing model for reputation based community  management. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Dave
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 11:28am
The points system here is running because it is an alpha build of the software - if you have a premium edition licence (which I assume you do) then there may be a way of adding a modification for reputation points
mp3u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mp3u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 5:12pm
Yeah I've got the premium edition alright - I just took the site over and there haven't been any updates to the software yet so I was hoping that when I get to instal them it would be there too. Can't do anything yet untill the servers are made more secure and a mirror version is setup. 
It would be handy to know if this can be done easily though - seems to be on just about every other forum package out there. If it's not part of the latest updated version does anyone know of a hack that can be installed to get the rep point function working? It's a pretty important feature.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 6:13pm
You are currently running version 9.06 (we are on version 9.56a)
My recommendation would be to run the updates first then worry about the "hacks" as you put it, later Wink

As for the system being on every other forum software I cannot comment as I only have ever used web wiz software because I trust its capabilities and I'm too old LOL and too tired to learn new stuff
What you would be looking for is what we term a modification, and Scotty32 is well versed in this

Me - I'm just a grunt Cry LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 7:49pm
But I'm working on improving........

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply