Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Email settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jasonw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email settings
    Posted: 15 May 2009 at 8:48pm
hi

Can anyone help with my email settings? my forum is hosted by Web Wiz. When i do a test email in the control panel, every one fails unless i have it on jmail. Also - when people register they arent getting their email activation email & when they try to get it resent it comes up with an error message to say contact admin.

In the control panel - the mail server is set at mail.myforumaddress  & the password is defaulted - i never entered it or amended it. The forum site address changed - would it have someting to do with that? really need to get it sorted as going live next week!!!

Jase

successfulcleanersforum.co.uk
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 10:43am
Hi Jase

Login into your dot net control panel and setup (or check) your email address that you wish to use, and set a password on it too

Then in your forum admin your email settings would be something like this:
Email component - CDOSYS
Outgoing SMTP server - mail.successfulcleanersforum.co.uk
Outgoing SMTP Mail Server Username - forum@successfulcleanersforum.co.uk (Example email address perhaps)
Outgoing SMTP Mail Server Password - the email address password
Website Name - your website name
Web address path to forum - http://www.myforum.co.uk
Your Email Address - the new email address you set up

Post Reply Post Reply