Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passing data between asp.et pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PrivateEye View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrivateEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passing data between asp.et pages
    Posted: 17 July 2009 at 4:00pm
Hello,

I have searched google for my problem but could not find desired answers. I want to know that if I use

Filename: source.aspx

<form id="form1" method="post" action="destination.aspx" runat="server">

<asp:TextBox ID="txtusername" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:TextBox ID="txtpassword" runat="server" TextMode="Password"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />

</form>

How can I write a code for the button1_click() event so that it can transfer user from source.aspx to destination.aspx page and how can I write code to access values of txtusername and txtpassword controls of source.aspx page. I don't want to use session object.
Thank you.
Mart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 4:17pm
I wouldn't use an ASP.NET form for that. Just whack out some standard html.

<form method="post" action="destination.aspx">
<input type="text" ID="txtUsername"/>
<input type="password" id="txtPassword"/>
</form>

Then in destination.aspx just use Request.Form["txtUsername"] to get the username field, and the same for the password.
PrivateEye View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrivateEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 5:12pm
Thank you for your help, I used Response.Redirect method and passed the variables in QueryString. Thanks
The Judgement Day
mpdotnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpdotnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 5:38pm
Hi, I've just joined the forum and I saw this post which I thought I could answer.

If you want an ASP.NET solution, you can post to a different page using the PostBackUrl attribute on your Button control.

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" PostBackUrl="Destination.aspx"/>

georgebaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgebaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 4:12pm
I'm lucky to see this post because I was facing same kind of problem, but thank you, i resolved my issue with your help.
longcall911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longcall911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 12:25am
If you use mpdotnet's example of the PostBackUrl="Destination.aspx" you can add querystring variables so the full url might be: Destination.aspx?firstName=John&lastName=Doe

Then in destination.aspx use 
{c#code}

<%
String firstName = Page.Request.QueryString["firstName"] ;
%>
vivanmandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivanmandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 7:05am
check this for more detail http:/et-inations.com/faq/asp/passing-values.htm - http://net-informations.com/faq/asp/passing-values.htm asp.net passing values.

vivan.
 Post Reply Post Reply