Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Editing the default styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
snadowitz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snadowitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Editing the default styles
    Posted: 26 November 2009 at 9:49am
Hi - search as I might....I cannot find where the parameters for things like td bgcolor are stored. I am trying to restyle the forum on a friends site and pulling my hair out. If I look in Fiorebug I can see that the table row just below the header has a background png image called bodybg.png and it has a background colour attribute of bgcolor=#993399 - but I cannot find these values in any of the files in the installation.....

What is easier? - editing the default skin - which I am having great difficulty with or installing a new skin and editing that?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 10:28am
Your better option would be to upgrade to version 9.x which has had a facelift in terms of CSS and what you can do with it. It also comes with a number of built in skins selectable from the admin area so you can select the one nearest what you require then just tweak the CSS files for that skin.
snadowitz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snadowitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 3:15am
I tried that and it is working beautifully- seems that whoever did the styling on the one I was using somehow hard coded it in the .asp files and totally bypassed the css files styling. I even deleted the CSS file and the styling remained.....

Now I have started styling the forum based on the default "dark" template and I must sy it is relatively easy. Thanks for the tip.

BTW - the upgrade process is a cinch. Once I have the site and the forum up and running for real I will post a link. I am running it on GoDaddy server hows that!!!

Edited by snadowitz - 27 November 2009 at 8:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply