Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Points vs. Post Count

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wistex View Drop Down
Mod Builder Group
Mod Builder Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wistex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Points vs. Post Count
    Posted: 21 December 2009 at 1:29pm
I noticed that on the forums on this website, there is now "points" in addition to "posts."  That is exactly what I need.  I searched the forums and have not seen anything posted, so I assume it is a version 10 feature.  

I, for one, think this is great.  Especially for my situation where I have fully integrated the website with the forums.  

I would like to see a way where we can easily add points for users' actions outside the forums.  This could be in the form of an API or a snip-it of code we could easily copy & paste on the page in question.  I think a snip-it of code would be better than calling and interpreting an XML response. For example, they submit a form (like adding a recipe on CaribbeanChoice) and they get points for that.

You don't necessarily have to create the snip-it for us, but if you could create a function or something that would be easy to copy into other pages on the site, that would be awesome.  Just think we may want to use that elsewhere on our site when you design it.

Also, will we be able to specify how many points they get for an action?  For example, we may want to give more points for starting a topic rather than just replying.  Or having different point levels for different forums.

And it would be great to have automatic promotions based on points in addition to or instead of post count.

Thanks. Big smile
madpakke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madpakke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 7:39am
any news about integrate these points in a version af wwf webbruce.?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 9:26am
They require database changes so would be in version 10
 Post Reply Post Reply