Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

some asp help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freakyfred View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakyfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some asp help
    Posted: 25 January 2010 at 4:16pm
can someone help me with this Embarrassed

<%

text = Server.URLEncode(request.form("text"))

if Hour(time)>20 OR Hour(time)<3 then

if  not request("text")  = "hello"  Then

response.write("The text must say <b>hello</b>")

else

response.write("They said <b>hello</b>")

end if
end if

%>

I know i am going very wrong at the start of this but a push in the right direction would be great.

I should also mention that the text box on the form will only be open at the times given so this bit of code to check  only needs to be active at this time also. Hope it makes sense.

Edited by freakyfred - 25 January 2010 at 4:19pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakyfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 5:28pm
also tried this

if Hour(time)>20 OR Hour(time)<3 AND not request("text") = "hello" then

response.write("wrong")

But this still does not work.
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:49pm
Do you mean like this? Link
If so the code should read:

<% @LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<%
response.write("The text must say <b>hello</b>")
else
response.write("They said <b>hello</b>")
end if

%>
<body>
</body>
</html>

123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:51pm
Well something like that anyway. Bruce, Scotty32 and others will have the better answers as I'm just a beginner still LOL but it seems to work so what the hell eh? Wink
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakyfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 10:36am
sorry i should have been a little more clearer as to what i am trying to achieve. Basically what i want is between the hours of 8pm (20:00) and 3am the form to request text or in this case a password.

so the form being something like this..

<%
%>

Pass: <input type="password" name="password"> <br>
<%
end if
%>

and then the processing side to also work on the same principal so that when the text box is activated the code to check for the password is also activated but then on other times no password is required so not input box and no password cheking on processing form.

Holpe this is a little clearer

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 12:42pm
What you have will never work as 20:00 is a time, and 20 is a number so 20:00 is not going to be more than 20 as they are different data types.

Try looking up the VbScript function DateAdd to be able to handle times in this manner.
 Post Reply Post Reply