Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rickkap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickkap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saving
    Posted: 25 July 2010 at 10:08pm
Hi,

This is my first post on here. I've installed RTE and i think it's fantastic and i will certainly purchasing this, but i do have 1 slight problem which i can't seem to get to work and i need your help.

The problem i am having problem with is saving a file. I have tried this from your demo and it works no problem, but if i try it on my local IIS pc or my site server i get an error.

The error i get is

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
  • Open the laptop home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
    Permission denied
    /rte/RTE_popup_save_file.asp, line 177

• Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

• Page:
    POST 3608 bytes to /rte/RTE_popup_save_file.asp

• POST Data:
    fileName=ee&ext=.htm&title=&DOCTYPE=%3Cmeta+http-equiv%3D%22Content-Type%22+content%3D%22text%2Fhtml%3B+charset%3Diso-8859-1%22%3E&WebWizRTE=%0D%0A%3CMETA+http-equiv%3DGENERATOR+content%3D%22Web+Wiz+R . . .

• Time:
    Sunday, July 25, 2010, 10:04:17 PM

• More information:
    Microsoft Support

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

Regards

Rick
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 10:32am
You need to set read, write, and modify permissions on the directory you are saving to for the websites IUSR account.

By default the RTE uses the folder my_documents to save and upload files to.
Rickkap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickkap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 10:44am
Thanks Bruce

I already worked this out late last night....

I do have another question to ask, on uploading images.....

I noticed to be able to upload images, the server requires to have one of the following installed :

• Persits AspUpload 3.x
  • Persits AspUpload 2+
  • Dundas Upload 2+
  • SoftArtisans FileUp 3.2+
  • aspSmartUpload
  • AspSimpleUpload
  • My providers doesn't have any of the above list, is there another way of uploading images to my host folder without using any of the above list.

Regards

Rick
    WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 11:12am
    Unfortunately not.

I've not heard of a web host that does not have an upload component installed on their servers apart from free web hosts.
    dpyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 8:39pm
    http://www.pensaworks.com/prg_com.asp has a script that can test the server to determine what components are installed.

Lead me not into temptation... I know the short cut, follow me.
    Rickkap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rickkap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 11:15pm
    Thx dpyers

Just tried it and they don't have any of the components installed Cry

I'll just have to wait for another way round this.

Thanks for trying

Rick
    dpyers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 11:41am
    Time to start thinking about another host.
    Some free hosts don't support uploads but for about the price of a Happy Meal a month you can get decent hosting.

Lead me not into temptation... I know the short cut, follow me.
     Post Reply Post Reply