Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Linq

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linq
    Posted: 04 August 2010 at 10:37pm
Does anyone know if is possible to access an MS SQL database using Linq (in C# in MS Visual Studio)?

I've tried, but each time it gives me a server configuration error.   I am a bit of a newbie, so I am not sure if I doing it wrong, or if it is just not supported?

Thanks,
Chris
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 8:32am
Yes you can use LINQ with MS SQL Server in C#

If you are using IIS to test your application make sure that ASP.NET is running in Full Trust and if using the ASP.NET 2.0 Framework make sure you have ASP.NET 3.5 installed on the server, or using the ASP.NET 4.0 Framework.
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 8:53am
Thanks Bruce.   I was doing some more hunting on your site today and it looks like Linq is supported on the Starter plan only.   I am still on the Free plan.   I guess it was only a matter of time before I had to upgrade! :-)
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 11:05pm
Following on from my previous post, can anyone point me in the direction of instructions for upgrading my account from the "free" version to the "starter" version?   (Or do I have to create a new account and set up my web-site again from scratch?)

Thanks,
Chris
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 7:08am
Unfortunately LINQ requires Full Trust which is only available with our paid hosting packages.

You can upgrade your account from a Free account to a paid account in your Client Area account. You go to your Hosting account section where you can view details of your hosting account as well as being able to upgrade:-

https://secure.webwiz.net/clientarea
chriscfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 10:24pm
Thanks Bruce,
I've just upgraded a few moment ago.
Can you tell me roughly how long it takes to process the upgrade please?
C

Edited by chriscfox - 12 August 2010 at 10:47pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 7:44am
Upgrading from a Free Hosting Account to a paid hosting account is a little more involved then with a normal upgrade as your website, databases, and files would need to be moved to our paid production servers.

We will contact you in regards to moving your website to a paid account.
 Post Reply Post Reply