Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

images/thumbnails suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
billd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: images/thumbnails suggestion
    Posted: 01 February 2011 at 5:15pm
I've seen a couple of forums that helped out folks on low-speed connections by placing a thumnail of an image in the message, and to see the full image, the viewer clicked the thumbnail. It was automatic, done by the forum software.

This would be great for mobile folks and would help folks like me a LOT who are on satellite - which has VERY high latency and photos cause pages to load really slow.

(Contrary to popular belief, most folks aren't on really fast connections, and much of the U.S. can't even get broadband....)

Anyway, it would be really cool and keep threads/posts neat and tidy if the forum, when you uploaded an image, created a thumbnail, inserted that in the post. I'll see about getting examples.
 Post Reply Post Reply