Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How serious are the Terms And Conditions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IanSmithISA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanSmithISA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How serious are the Terms And Conditions
    Posted: 18 February 2011 at 8:37am
Good morning,

I have a small site here, that will hopefully grow, it is developed using MS Visual Studio.

MS Visual Studio has a deploy option that allows All Files, or All Files Necessary to run the site, unfortuntalely All File Neccessary doesn't work in the way that I would expect, things like Image files and downloaded zip files don't get published.

Using All Files, publishes the C# source,Visual Studio designer files and a few other files that aren't necessary to the site.

According to the T&C this is not permitted, but does WebWize care, I am not trying to use my webspace as backup or file server?

Bye

Ian
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 8:36am
These types of files are fine.

The AUP Terms regarding storing non websites files is more to protect our valuable website storage space being consumed by large backup files or large amounts of back files.

If customers do wish to backup non website files such as pictures, documents, zip files, or anything else they wish to backup then we do give 10GB of space for free on our StorageVault service to all customers on paid hosting accounts.

To enable the StorageVault Service go to the Hosting Account section of your Client Area account:-

Post Reply Post Reply