Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

import/export databases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
michael999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: import/export databases
    Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:12am
I am trying to use ms sqlserver management studio express.
I cannot see the options for importing or exporting databases online. I think that I should also be able to connect to my online databases but cannot see how to do that either.
Judging from other comments and discussions these features are well hidden!!!
michael
123Simples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 12:44pm
Hi Michael

I tried using the software myself sometime back - it is fairly complex. I believe you would need all the connection details required to connect to your database in this way. If however you are using web wiz, you should be able to import/export through your Website Panel when you have logged in
IanSmithISA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanSmithISA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 1:04pm
Good morning

I don't know if you can do a restore, but to get up to point where you can try whilst waiting for someone who knows more than me.

1) First create a database with the desired name via the WebWiz control panel

2) Connect to the WebWiz Server from the management console, you will need to use SQL Server Authentication, see
to get the server name.

3) Right Click on Databases in the Object Explorer and select the relevent option.

However I have never gone beyond this, so you may get a permission denied.

Bye

Ian

Why does anyone need more than an 80x25 character only VDU?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 5:33pm
If you are hosting with ourselves here at Web Wiz then in your WebsitePanel Control Panel go to the SQL Server page and next to the name of the database you will see a 'Database Tools' link.

This 'Database Tools' link will take you to an online tool that can be used for uploading and downloading database backups.

To restore a SQL Server database first create a backup then use the Restore Tool to upload the database and restore it to our servers.
 Post Reply Post Reply