Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need to export Gridview results to Excel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luwandui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luwandui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to export Gridview results to Excel
    Posted: 07 September 2011 at 7:42am
I have a very simple asp page that shows the results of an SQL query in gridview. I would like to place button on the page that will allow the user to extract the data to excel. I need to do this in either asp or vb. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
s93ncer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s93ncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 8:23am
You could add a button to the page to postback to itself with a parameter

You could then check to that parameter and add something like

if request("parameter") = "excel" then response.ContentType="application/vnd.ms-excel"
Then just write out your gridview - as long as the columns line up correctly it should work

I seem to remember if the user has excel installed then it will just open, otherwise it will ask the user to save the file

...Spence
 Post Reply Post Reply