Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASP help for a n00b please..? :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DoctorJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctorJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASP help for a n00b please..? :)
    Posted: 14 December 2011 at 1:44pm
Hi all!
First of all please forgive my ignorance and also if the following has been covered elsewhere.

Iam getting the following message when I try to access my site, which is a car related forums page - www.protongtiforums.com

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/default.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Can anyone please give me a step by step instruction for a dummy on where I should be looking to add the following to my ASP page;

Server.ScriptTimeout = 180

I've been helped to a certain extent, but my knowledge is extremely limited where this
sort of stuff is concerned.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Jay

DoctorJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctorJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 4:19am
I am also getting the following;

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/default.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 10:04am
You need to increase:-

The 180 is seconds, so if the script does not complete within 180 seconds you get the error that you see. You could try 300 which would be around 5 minutes.
DoctorJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctorJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 10:23am
Originally posted by WebWiz-Bruce WebWiz-Bruce wrote:

You need to increase:-

The 180 is seconds, so if the script does not complete within 180 seconds you get the error that you see. You could try 300 which would be around 5 minutes.

Hi Bruce and thanks for the reply.

I am aware that I need to increase the server script timeout, as that was what I said in my initial post, in which I was asking for specific help.
How do I do it?
Where do I go?
Which page?
Where do I add the script specifically?

I am new to the world of managing and administering forums, so any help that you or anyone could giver me, would be awesome!

Thanks

Jay
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 1:27pm
You simply add it as one of the first lines in your ASP page.

Top of page
<%

Dim strMyVar

Rest of ASP code......

%>
 Post Reply Post Reply