Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migration to WebWiz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
larikn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larikn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migration to WebWiz
    Posted: 25 November 2012 at 11:17pm
I would like to migrate my current Old WebWiz Bulleting Board to WebWiz and take advantage of WebWiz updating the Forum. I tried this once before but there was confusion on my part as I did not realise that associated Folders and Content could not be hosted on the Package I purchased so it all went very wrong.

Is there a package where WebWiz can host the Bulletin Board, Keep the version up-to-date and host all the content as well.

Can you give me the details if there is thankyou 
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 11:10am
You can use any of our Windows Hosting Packages to host web pages, Web Wiz Forums, and other Classic ASP, ASP.NET or PHP applications:-

larikn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larikn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 11:48pm
So if I do this
All the folders I have hosted on the current source will be moved over?
Flash files can be kept there?
You guys will do the migration or the WebWiz and all the folders?
You guys will do the WebWiz updates?

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 10:33am
We do provide a Web Wiz Forums migration services. This does not include other applications on your website, but does include Web Wiz Forums, the forum database, the forum files, and memebers uploaded files.

The migration service also includes upgrading to the latest Web Wiz Forums Premium Edition and if the database is Access the upsizing of the database to SQL Server.
larikn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larikn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 12:41am
Thanks Bruce and I know Im being Painful but I dont want this to go wrong. Perhaps my questions are not explicit enough as I dont feel I have explicit answers.

Please take a look at my forum at http://www.peachinfo.net/default.asp - www.peachinfo.net/default.asp

The Forum rerfers to many links which are files also stored on the same host. It also refers to videos which are Flash files in HTM frames e.g. http://www.peachinfo.net/demos/Peach_Online_Internet_Explorer_Settings.htm - http://www.peachinfo.net/demos/Peach_Online_Internet_Explorer_Settings.htm

Can you simply confirm in a Yes No fashion if all of this will still work if the entire contents from the current Host are moved accross to your windows hosting service?

Thanks in advance

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 11:31am
Public forums are probably not the place to discuss specific requirements and custom packages. You should contact sales through the page below directly;-

Post Reply Post Reply