Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Web Wiz Forums Functions/reasons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VMichl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VMichl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Web Wiz Forums Functions/reasons
    Posted: 13 January 2013 at 8:47am
I have a couple of questions and/or proposals to the functionality of the latest version 10.14:
  • there is no "Today" filter in the active_topics select box
  • there should be a way to add (config) processing of international characters in SeoURLTitle (for the URL title)
  • why is the rating of a posting as an "Answer" limited to moderators - shouldn't it be allowed also for the member who posted the initial question?
  • the rate_topic drop down has no font size assigned in the CSS (is too large)

Thanks.

billd3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 7:05pm
I don't know the reasons - I don't have the global perspective Bruce and company do, but on this one, I have an "opinion" that's worth the whole half-penny you paid for it.....

why is the rating of a posting as an "Answer" limited to moderators - shouldn't it be allowed also for the member who posted the initial question?

I can see on one hand - as I've seen such things become popularity contests, or if someone gives a VERY good answer, a real solution, but isn't in favor with the original poster, it will never get marked as correct answer. I had to be careful what I enabled and did NOT enable as with some forums/topics/people/hobbies, it gets really "high-school like" - cliques form and if you aren't one of the beautiful people in their eyes, ratings get all messed up. So in our case, I would reserve checking something as a valid answer for the moderators or myself. We'd have people otherwise saying "pull the battery cable off and see if it keeps running" as a valid test for a charging system and it would get marked as a good answer - when in fact it's a great way to destroy things.

the "today" filter - we're back a version or two, so hadn't seen that - I'd miss that.
Not sure reasons on the drop-down. I do like to be able to control fonts via the CSS, but perhaps there's a reason I can't see.
BillD
http://theamcpages.com
http://theamcforum.com
VMichl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VMichl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 7:58am
You are probably right about the "Answer" (although it could be limited to a more "senior" ladder group only).

One more issue:
- the topic links from active_topics.asp do not jump to the newest/latest posting -- they probably should
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by VMichl VMichl wrote:

You are probably right about the "Answer" (although it could be limited to a more "senior" ladder group only).

One more issue:
- the topic links from active_topics.asp do not jump to the newest/latest posting -- they probably should

Clicking on the arrow by the "last poster" (far right) will actually send you to the last post that YOU viewed*

* Based on last login in and cookies
S2H.co.uk - WebWiz Mods and Skins

For support on my mods + skins, please use my forum.
AllMor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by VMichl VMichl wrote:

• why is the rating of a posting as an "Answer" limited to moderators - shouldn't it be allowed also for the member who posted the initial question?
It could be SO nice if the 'Set as Answer' could be enabled for users and not only Admin/Moderators.
The 'Set as Answer' button should then be a little larger though

//Allan

Post Reply Post Reply