Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When does email become spam?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IanSmithISA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanSmithISA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When does email become spam?
    Posted: 15 March 2013 at 9:19am

Good morning

I have a website here www.UsingElance.co.uk the point is to take a small number of jobs advertised on one of the freelance job sites, the expensive ones, and bring them to the attention of the expensive freelancers.

As there will be so few posting,  an email will to sent to each provider when a new job is posted, as each email is identical I am confused as to whether or not these messages will ever get regarded spam by someone out of my or the recipients control.

The recipients of these emails will have signed up on this site asking for them, I am not using a bought in mailing list or anything iffy.

I can't seem to find either an idiot or a non idiots guide on this subject.

At the moment there is no volume, literally zero, but this is not the plan for the future, when there could be say a thousand a day :-)

Bye

Ian
Why does anyone need more than an 80x25 character only VDU?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 11:38am
The definition of spam email is unsolicited email. 

If the person receiving the email has not asked to receive such communication from the sending party then it does not matter if it is 1 or 10,000 emails it would be spam.

Here in the UK you need to ensure that you comply with The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. This requires that you get permission from the recipient to send them such emails and that any emails sent include a clear a simple way for the recipient to unsubscribe.

Your ISP will also have an Anti-Spam policy which would also need to be complied with. Ours can be read at the page below:-

ziesha098 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziesha098 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 12:14pm
when your email service provider puts the filter to it in spam folder, like some kind of fake newsletter, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply