Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Events Calendar simple integration w/ Google

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by rune rune wrote:

Maybe your friend and your IE have some old data cached?

I dont think so.  I must have something messed up in the actual HTML.  The other browsers show the ouical example, but not my implementation.
PlainPlounder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlainPlounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 4:41am
Create a Event in Forum Calender for ready working!

I'll be missing some Expample description for correct use at owning. 

First time: Of course I don't see this text: "Add this event to my personal calendar!" like in your demo website.
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forumws-severe-storm-spotter-_topic12095. - http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forum/nws-severe-storm-spotter-class_topic12095.html
Unlike: Never seen this Google Button " http://http://www.google.com/calendar/s/ext/gc_6.gif%20 - Google onley online!"
I visiting some others Sites of your forum and there was no displaying for this calender too. Like:  
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forumew-club-meeting-time_topic10374. - http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forum/new-club-meeting-time_topic10374.html
So I do belive there are something wrong in useing be me. 

Tell us more about requirements of this for ready using by an expample. 

Do I must create a Event in Forum Calender for ready working? Or will it displaying Events of everything of this website? In second example URL of here there was no text for add to calender. So I belive it will only working, if I do created a Event in Web Wiz Forum Calender System, by creating a new topic onley. Is it correct? YES!

Will this script be usally in Intranet Connecting with online internet, like to use it offline in LAN for testing on Micosoft IIS with internet connection? YES!

This script will working in diverent (older) Versions of WWF, you must only read instructions to install this, follow this and it will works. 

Edited by PlainPlounder - 23 February 2017 at 7:33am
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 9:44am
Originally posted by rune rune wrote:

Actually, I don't think licensing would be a problem.

OuiCal is under MIT license, which basically allows you to do anything you like. The only requirement is to include a copy of the license somewhere.

Effectively by including the MIT license which is the requirement of  using the code it would mean that Web Wiz Forums is also released under the MIT license. There are no plans at this time to release Web Wiz Forums under a MIT license.

Therefore the code could not be included with Web Wiz Forums but you can have it as an add on modification.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 1:20pm
Bruce, its your game and so we play by your rules, but I respectfully submit this is incorrect interpretation.  The license can be applied to specific sections, for example the script can be a separate included file (part of it already is) which would have the license statement not affecting the rest of the code base.
rune View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 10:40pm
On the licences question, I agree with @alabamatoy.  This is the critical difference between permissive licenses like MIT and BSD versus copy-left licenses like GPL.  GPL would typically require the entire program to be licensed under GPL just to include a small part of code.  Whereas a permissive license allows you to license the whole anyway you like.

That's why most companies prefer using permissively licensed code -- they can effectively do as they please with it.  Whereas companies often want to use a copy-left license for their own work that they publish, so that it limits the competitors to only using the code in an equal way.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2019 at 1:56pm
Webwiz, yall must have made the decision to not include this functionality in the base code.  A recent upgrade to 12.01 removed the calendar integration on our site.  I would like to have it back.  I think others seem to find it useful as well.

What is the best way to accomplish this so that it doesn't get wiped out by a subsequent upgrade?

I think there are other better newer approaches to the event integration than the method I employed.  Google calendar integration is just a specially crafted URL, Outlook integration is DL of a dot ICS file, and I haven't the foggiest notion of how the fruity calendars work.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 12:22pm

Post is old, but still seems to work.  Would very much like this added to Webwiz.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 12:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123