Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

flag....delete...ban

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flag....delete...ban
    Posted: 22 April 2014 at 12:17am
craigslist has a neat feature: if enough people flag a post, it gets hidden/deleted.

I imagine the feature could be useful on a public forum and would take some work away from the mods.

a few questions need to be answered and the answered can simply guide the feature.

1) how many flags for a post to be hidden?
2) does the post get hidden or deleted?
3) how many points/posts does a member need to have to be authorized to flag?
4) how many days/weeks/years of membership does a member need to be authorized to flag?
5) after how many hidden/deleted posts due to public flagging does a member get banned?
             e.g: 9 hidden posts --> 2 weeks ban; then 6 hidden posts --> 4 weeks ban; etc...
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 8:41am
Thank-you for your suggestion
fatt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 7:22pm
Somebody had a great idea on our forum:

Nobody uses the "Thank (0)" feature; I mean look above: you posted to thank me for my suggestion but did not use the feature did you? Wink

That button could be a "Hide that #$%&" button; after x of them (of course from x different users) the post gets hidden; when a poster gets y of his/her posts hidden, the poster gets banned for z weeks and gets his/her ban count increased by 1; you get the idea...when the poster gets banned a given number of times (s)he gets permanently banned.

NOW let me tell you: the new button will be used A LOT!
 Post Reply Post Reply