Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More domain names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guzziriders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzziriders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More domain names
    Posted: 13 June 2014 at 4:54pm
I already have a domain name and starter hosting package with WebWiz, how do I add other versions of the domain name so that they can also direct to my original one?
The original was .org, and I would like the same name with .co.uk and .org.uk, both are available. Do I have to open another acount or can I add them to my present account?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 7:59am
Search engines like Google will mark you down for having duplicate content if you have multiple domains displaying the same website content.

The best way to avoid this if you wish to point multiple domains at the same website is to use Domain Forwarding which is part of our Domain Registration service to point the additional domains at your existing website.

After registering the domain names with us in your Client Area account Domain Manager click on the newly registered domain name and select the option for 'Domain Forwarding'. You can then forward the domain name to your websites .org domain.
Guzziriders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzziriders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 11:47pm
Thanks for your help, all now done.
 Post Reply Post Reply