Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database question
    Posted: 17 December 2015 at 5:29am
Adding newspad to webwiz hosted website and forum.

When installing do I use existing database name from website or create new user or data base?
 if using existing, Server would be the name in my control panel as well as user name and password?

Or is this something that I am creating in the  dialog boxes while installing?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 12:12pm
You would use an existing database.

The database details are in the control panel except for the database users password.

The only way to see the password is to look in the database settings file for web wiz forums. You would probably need to open a support ticket if you can not find the password yourself.

If you wish for us to install newspad for you then you can request this in a support ticket.
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2016 at 5:14pm
Ok, got Newspad installed.
I went into the forum control panel, put in the Newspad address.
Question is how do I get to Newspad control panel? unlike the forum there is no where to sign in other than email and password, which does not accept the given username and password.
Found out where to log in on your website. I had assumed it would be a Admin link like the forums

Also, I unclicked the permission I had done during install. Or should they remain checked?

Edited by Lupus Dei - 10 January 2016 at 6:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply