Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Can I do this??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
icm63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icm63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie Can I do this??
    Posted: 17 February 2017 at 7:27pm
Looking for a Forum for my site..

This is my desired setup

<DATABASES on a single virtual server with is own IP, CPU and RAMS>

MS SQL server 2008 (2x DBs)

- MyDB (with aspnet membership via Forms Authentication - AspNet 2.0 IIS 7.5 )
- ForumDB

<CLIENTS on their own IP>

- Site1: MySite (ASP.NET 2.0  IIS 7.5 )
- Site2: Forum  (ASP NET 4.5 IIS 7.5 )

NOTE: MySite has basic, medium and premium level memberships (ie Roles), so the members who can access premium MySite service can access premium Forum message boards, etc

1) When a new user creates an account on MySite (Forms Authentication), a simultaneously account is created at the Forum.
2) The logon, Email and password for MySite and Forum is the same,
3) However they must logon and log off each site separately ( I assume).
4) If someone goes to the Forum to create an account they are re directed to MySite to its "Forms Authentication" create an account process.
5) A member can be logon to the Forum with out being login into MySite.
6) A member can be logon to MySite with out being login into Forum (of course ha ha).
7) MySite executes the process of email verification (so it is not done twice).
8) MySite has it own structure of ROLES/PERMISSIONS, and I wish to code the Forum roles to represent MySite Roles ( ie access to membership level message groups)
9) Role between Mysite and Forum are in sync! If a MySite Premium or medium member account expires, then the membership within the forum falls to guest or basic.
10) Forum must be allowed to be customised for (9), I can do TSQL code etc, but any ideas from you would help.

Other Questions
1) Can i restrict uploaded file types to png, jpeg, gif, jpg.
2) Can I embed SWF (flash video) ?
3) I assume I can embed youtuve video?

If you have any advice on my set up, please do!

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 9:29am
Your server would also need support for Classic ASP in order to run Web Wiz Forums.

Web Wiz Forums does have an HTTP API which you could use to create new forum members and align with your own website the membership, such as passwords, and which forum group the member is within.

the link below is to the HTTP API on the demo forum so you can get an idea of what you can do through the API;

http://demo.webwizforums.com/httpapi.asp

You can restrict what files and images a forum member can upload.

You can embed Flash Video within forum posts.

You can embed YouTube videos within forum posts.
 Post Reply Post Reply