Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Orange/Freeserve email addresses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IanSmithISA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanSmithISA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange/Freeserve email addresses
    Posted: 14 May 2017 at 10:12am
Good morning,

A long long time ago I created a Freeserve email address and have used it for a number of accounts, including my WebWiz accounts.

EE have finally decided to pull the plug on this service. (http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/email/email-closure)

I thought that I had updated all of my accounts but have found one at WebWiz that I had missed, this was the one used for sending the auth code for password reset L

Would it be possible, easy and useful to scan all contact details to see if there are any of these still in use?

The affected names are
Orange.net
Orangehome.co.uk
Wanadoo.co.uk
Freeserve.co.uk
Fsbusiness.co.uk
Fslife.co.uk
Fsmail.net
Fsworld.co.uk
Fsnet.co.uk

Bye

Ian

Why does anyone need more than an 80x25 character only VDU?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:25am
We have located all accounts that currently have either Domain Registration or Hosting Services with us were the customers account email address uses one of the domains which will be discontinued by EE and have sent them an email asking them to change their email address on their account.

Thank you for letting us know, hopefully it will prevent anyone else with one of these email address from have issues.

We have no way to check domain registrations for these email address, so if you have any Domains Registered were the admin contact uses one of these emails address you should update it also. Under ICANN rules when you change the Admin Contact for a domain the previous Admin Contact gets emailed an approval email to approve the changes.
IanSmithISA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanSmithISA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:42am
Good morning,

Thanks for the this and the reminder about the domain registrations.

If you ever get board, it would be nice to have a button/screen

that updates all domains that are registered via WebWiz, I have 13 and if I move changing the address will be quite boring. :-)

Bye

Ian
Why does anyone need more than an 80x25 character only VDU?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:32am
This is something that could be investigated, only issue I can think of off-hand is that different domain extensions have different ways of handling contacts and require varying information and different verification procedures.
 Post Reply Post Reply