Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

msxml3.dll error '800c0008'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ritchie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 3:57pm
Thank you. I will study my financial capabilities and will soon make a decision
Чем дальше в лес, тем толще партизаны
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2017 at 7:39am
We do provide Windows Server 2016 Cloud Servers that maybe of interest to you. See link below for more details;

Ritchie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2017 at 3:52pm
Thank you very much, Bruce. Now the forum works on old equipment. The physical server since 2004. I need some time to think
Чем дальше в лес, тем толще партизаны
craig123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:11am
Hi Bruce

We have the same issue happening. I have tried the advice above and it does not resolve the problem.

We're running Server 2012 Std.

I debugged the call and tried running it directly in the browser & received the following;

HTTP Error 403.0 - .8 Forbidden

I am wondering if it might be blocked from your end?

Please advise.

Cheers
Craig
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 10:52am
You would get the 403.8 forbidden error if you tried to connect to the country lookup API in a web browser as the connection is only permitted from inside the Web Wiz Forums software.

We have recently disabled TLS 1.0 support as it is vulnerable and if Windows Server 2012 does not support the newer TLS 1.1 and 1.2 then it may not be able to use the HTTPS connection to connect to the API.

For those on older servers that only support vulnerable SSL and TLS 1.0 protocols we are looking at putting a switch in to the next release so that you can connect to the API over plain text HTTP.
craig123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:13am
Hi Bruce

We have TLS1.2 running on the server.

Regards
Craig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12